Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Men I Currently Love...And One Woman I Can't Get Out Of My Head

So, OK, I'll admit to having a celebrity crush or two. Or several. Why not? I've seen plenty of crappy movies just to get a look at them. So I'll just 'fess up already.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, I have a massive crush on Prince. When I went to see him in Nashville, I purposely put myself far away from the stage so I wouldn't end up on the Nashville 6:00 Evening News. Sister actually called me back in the mid-90s and said "Joy!! Prince is getting married in Paris tomorrow! If we hurry, we can stop it." I declined. Partly because that's just too over-the-top romantic for me, but also because I knew him well enough to know that he was not, in fact, going to Paris. That's just a publicity ruse to get the groupies off his tail. He did get married in Minneapolis to a woman whose name was my nickname in high school. Irony bit me in the butt. And then, when he converted to being a Jehovah's Witness, well, that was extremely ironic. But I understood his album Rainbow Children like probably nobody else did. :D I also know that he converted just to please his mother's dying wish, and that anyone with half a brain can listen to the last couple of albums and figure out that he's not serious about this religion--he knows how to flirt well. Then he divorced his latest wife (wonder how the JWs are going to handle that with their celebrity double standards??); I haven't asked him about it, but he knows he can always call. I hear things though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What lady wouldn't like Capt. Jack Sparrow?! When he practically oozed out, "Pirate!" to Kiera Knightley in the last movie he did, that answered some personal questions for me, I won't lie. Apparently part of my problem is that I want a pirate, too. Or maybe I just like the swashbuckling. He could unbuckle my swash anytime! I even sat through the disgusting visuals of The Libertine to watch him. Nobody does syphillis like Johnny Depp. I've loved him since Benny & Joon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

OK, Joseph Fiennes has this intellectual sexuality that I haven't seen since Harrison Ford. And Jude Law here is just too cute under all that grime to be believable. I don't like "cute," I like "sexy." And so I love watching Joseph Fiennes. When he seems upset, I want to slap the girl that made him feel that way. I don't care if I'm the only person who thought Shakespeare in Love was hot. My absolute favorite movie with him in it, though, was Enemy at the Gates. Maybe that's also because I have a mild obsession with war, and it had fascists and a cute older German guy, and proletariates and a whole lotta stuff that you don't need to know that I like. Suffice it to say it was a nice marriage of ideas for me...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ooooh, girl, don't stop! I love Neve Campbell. And I've seen some pretty stupid movies to get to watch her. I knew it was love when I watched Wild Things and was trying to look around Denise Richards' tits to see Neve. She seems very natural as an actress, and I like that. But I will admit that she looks like a certain brunette from 11 years ago named Kathy, who, apparently everybody knew was gay but me. In my defense, she was very hot-warm-cold, and I did go home with her on fall break because I wanted to find out what her actual temperature was. If she'd have said go, I would've already been there. But it doesn't help when the Nigerian exchange student who is a prince in his home country puts his consoling arm around your shoulder and says, "Oh, honey, everybody know she gay..."

--Virgil

P.S. I just realized they all kind of look alike--dark headed, dark eyed. Hmmm...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like the character Captain Jack Sparrow, or do you like the actor Johnny Depp more?

Monday, 07 August, 2006  
Blogger Sandra said...

yes, johnny depp has all my heart and desire. (my husband knows) captain jack sparrow too. i figure sparrow must be just a representation of the many invigorating facets of depp. i too went and rented "the libertine". while in ways it was gross, i thought he was spectacular in the role. the movie moved me too.

now, as far as prince is concerned. i lived in his neighborhood when he first hit the charts. i knew a girl who dated him for quite a while. we certainly loved his music, and had pride in his success. several of my friends were in love with him and went to first street to watch him. i didn't really care for the girl he dated, she was a bit snobby. and then dating him at the height of his early popularity seemed to go to her head even more. now that i have distance from those years, i appreciate him more. though, i am not current on his albums and didn't know anything about his conversion or marriage. i hope he gives you a call sometime! you never know..

Tuesday, 08 August, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

You know, as long as Johnny Depp rolls over and whispers "Pirate" every now and then, I think we're all good.

Wednesday, 09 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats