Monday, February 20, 2006

Fundies Gone Wild

OK. I figured out what I'd like to post about first. And I'll start by saying that (if I believed in an afterlife) that there should be a special circle of hell for certain fundy CULT religions. Although at the time it was quite painful, one of the best things that ever happened to me in life was getting booted out of the fundy religious cult I grew up in. Now my sister has wisely decided that this brand of "organized" religion isn't for her. Whoo-hoo!!!

But guess who has come out in force to make her pay for it?

You got it. A bunch of older men who get their rocks off by sniffing people's asses to see if they smell. These fuckers have been STALKING my sister, trying to get enough "evidence" of wrongdoing so they can boot her out and I suppose "cleanse" the congregation in the process. See, it's bad news when you choose for yourself, at least for fundies. That might imply that there was something *wrong* in the congregation that caused her to leave. So, if they can make it look like she's the biggest sinner this side of the city, they can just do their version of "excommunication" on her. This comes with the practical effect that no one in this religion would be allowed to talk to her (not that they have anything interesting to say in the first place). That way, they can't ask questions and maybe figure out the TRUTH.

So they've been casing her apartment with bright lights in white vans and following her around the city. What a bunch of losers. Don't they have someone's needs to minister to? Honestly, they way they treat former members has done more to turn people off of their cult, I mean, religion than anything us "fallen" children have ever done.

I hate religion.

2 Comments:

Blogger contemplator said...

Your comment got me thinking.

Lots of the people who come out of this, ahem, religion, go right back into it after a matter of months or a few years. They can't take the pressure of being shunned, plus it's hard for them to function socially in the outside world. So we do, in fact, rarely get out alive.

I feel a blog coming on.

Tuesday, 21 February, 2006  
Blogger Appletini said...

You know what? I don't "hate" religion. I do hate most organized religions though.

I can respect, even admire, someone who has a deep spiritual connection to a deity. That is having religion.

What I can't respect is exactly the thing you are talking about ... blind, mindless faith in an organized religious institution.

Heeheehee... my word verification says "fuczmo." Maybe they're watching me?! LOL

Tuesday, 21 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats