Saturday, April 05, 2008

Validation, Dammit

Because I got my pics back recently, I'm going back to the teaching award I won recently. Mainly because I need the validation. I think D/B got some different and closer shots of me with the secretary of state, but this will do for now. Here is me getting the award on stage.

And here is me showing it off with my boy. He was proud, and that made me feel pretty good, too. He marched around with it after the ceremony was over. That's the secretary of state behind us--she's a tall drink of water. That's also a big ass plaque.

And here is the reason I worked for this thing. Pics are completely without their permission, of course.

These two in particular were just so sharp in class. The rest were knuckle draggers (with a couple of notable exceptions). But these two just got into it and cared about it. They showed up to see me get the award. Nobody else's students did. I think that say something right there. I got the pictures recently, which was a nice little shot in the arm, given recent events.

-- Award Winning Virgil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats