Sunday, August 13, 2006

Honi-Honi!

Only in this town can you drive 70 miles to get away from the locals and still end up seeing everybody you know at the Honi-Honi outdoor bar in Maryland. ::sigh::

But boy was it worth it! My director/buddy and I drove out to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland specifically for the Honi-Honi bar. It was a great day--80 degrees and no humidity.

I had two drinks previously undiscovered by me: A Bushwhacker (kind of like a high-test pina colada) and The Perfect Lei(Lay) (if I had known it only took $6, I'd have done it a long time ago!)

We knew the front woman in the band, which had it's good and bad points. It was good because it makes the event more personal, more fun. It's bad, because when you're getting tipsy, she can call out "Work it, Joy, you go girl!!" ::blush::

We ran into that bitch that we see at every damn bar we go to in Morgantown. Being her bitch-ass self. All I'll say about that is that she doesn't own the seating arrangements, and I'll sit where I damn well please with or without her permission. Wait'll she asks us to come back and help her out with her prison crap next Spring. Grr!

We ran into a bunch of fellow non-profit ladies who turned out to be very unexpectedly drunk. And their non-profit was religion based, so that was highly amusing.

Other noteworthy items:

a) My drink got spilled on the floor (yes, yes, I know, you never take your drink out on the dance floor) when I was trying to cut off a guy's girlfriend so that director/buddy could move in on him. At least it was only the free Coke they give you between rounds if you bring them an empty glass.

b) For once in my life I got a mild tan instead of a sunburn. Go Waterbabies SPF 50!

c) Note to self: when you're boogying down and you grab a boy and dance and he says he has a cabin on the lake (I said, "Good for you" as I wasn't interested), and then he says it's his parents' cabin, scour the crowd for his actual parents or do an ID check before Proud Mary kicks into the really fast Tina Turner part, 'kay?? Just back away slowly!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Oh my hell how funny! Work it Joy! You go girl! lol

Glad you had fun.

Sunday, 13 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sucks to see the same people over and over again, especially when they are boring knuckleheads. Don't let the dingbats drag you down, skip town and go elsewhere should the scene get stale.

Tuesday, 22 August, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

See, I did skip town. I went 70 miles out of town. And they were STILL there. ::sigh::

Wednesday, 23 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats