Monday, April 07, 2008

Green Stuff

In the whirlwind of having worked the last 8 days straight, I happened to put my head up for a moment and noticed...green stuff. Everything seems to have sprouted overnight. One tree two houses down from me is in full bloom already--it's some weird tree with flowers on it. I keep meaning to ask the neighbors what it is, but that really hasn't made the priority to do list in 3 years. Grass was popping out everywhere. Those yellow bushes were all yellow-y--which I'm highly allergic to, apparently.

I think Spring has finally Sprung.

On the one hand, I'm so glad, because the weather is getting a bit warmer and it feels like "new beginnings" (although that's the name of a little evangelical church I know of, so I hate that phrase). But on the other, I still have four weeks to go, and I would much rather be out in the sun than with my nose in all my books. I need to get a lot done this week, if I'm to stand any chance of finishing well. No real time to stop and smell the roses, even if things are starting to bloom. Sigh.

-- Virgil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats