Thursday, October 23, 2008

Woot$ For Me!

I'm out of credit card debt!!

Years worth of having to put textbooks and car repairs and car insurance and sometimes groceries and life expenses along with a few not so wise but still dearly loved purchases has finally been erased by throwing literally every spare dollar I had into the project. I made a payment everytime I had some extra cash. Sometimes my statements show I made four payments in a month. But it was worth it.

I am now Susie Orman approved.


Photobucket

-- DV

3 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

I've been working toward the same goal. I've still got hundreds of dollars to go, but it'll be totally worth it to get back to equilibrium.

There's nothing worse than watching the amount you owe go up every month because of interest.

Thursday, 23 October, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's a great achievement, and a timely one.

Thursday, 23 October, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

It's completely timely. It was a pain to put away pretty much all of the tax return, all of the stimulus check and every spare dime of my paycheck, but it was worth it. Many people's credit card interest rates are shooting up and their credit limit is being lowered. If it happens to me, it doesn't matter anymore, because the cards are back to "emergency because hell is freezing over" status.

Is it wrong that the first thing I wanted to do to celebrate is go out and buy something? (I didn't, though.)

Friday, 24 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats