Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fertility Fucknut

Yes, the title is harsh. It's how I'm feeling right now. So, by now everyone has probably heard of Nadya Suleman who gave birth to eight babies--after she had six of her own already. Her reasoning for bringing eight more people into the world at once was because of the loneliness and emptiness she felt inside.

How fucking selfish.

A recent interview
revealed that Nadya Suleman has no way of caring for all of these babies on her own nor providing for them financially, since she is unemployed. So, who is picking up the slack? Her poor mom.

Mom has recently come out saying how upset she is at her daughter and the infertility doctor about the whole thing. Apparently she used fertility treatments the first time, and Nadya's family begged that doctor not to work with her again, so she went elsewhere and found one who would.

Nadya's brilliant plan is to become a reality star and support her broke self by endorsements from things like diapers, according to one news report. She also thinks she could set herself up as a "child care expert" on TV. You can clean that coffee off your computer monitors now.

The stress she has put both the family she came from and the family she created under is in my opinion borderline criminal. From the Times article:

US public reaction has been mixed: many have asked how an unemployed single mother can raise 14 children, as her first six have already strained the family budget. Angela and Ed Suleman, Nadya’s parents,bought her a two-bedroom bungalow in the suburb of Whittier in March 2007, but soon after got into debt and had to leave their own home.

They filed for bankruptcy and moved in with their daughter and grandchildren. Last week her father said he would return to his native Iraq to work as a translator and driver.

Angela Suleman, who is caring for the first six children — one of whom is autistic — while her daughter is in hospital, said yesterday that she had consulted a psychologist over Nadya’s “obsession with children”.

Nadya Suleman, who describes herself as a “professional student” living off education grants and parental money, broke up with her boyfriend before the birth of her first child seven years ago.

So, her dad's running away, basically, to deal with this situation elsewhere or to make more money and save costs, I don't know. She's living off of student grants and her mom's paycheck. But the parents lost their own home trying to help their daughter, and all she does is make more work on them, based on what, a pipe dream of being a TV star "child care expert"? She still has no clue how much she's endangered her babies from the very beginning because of her mental problems; she doesn't understand the neglect in parental attention these children are going to suffer; she doesn't appreciate how her selfishness has basically destroyed her parents' lives and will likely destroy the lives of her children. If she thinks she's getting some kind of show out of the deal when most Americans are clearly disgusted with what she did, that bubble will burst in a few more weeks.

I tell you what I'd do, if I were Nadya's mom. I'd sit her down. I'd say, you got into this, you're getting out of it. I wouldn't pay another dime towards the house or to go in Nadya's pocket. And then I'd call foster care. There is no way that Angela Suleman can raise or pay for these grandbabies. And foster care seems harsh, but I tell you what, it's probably a better life than they are currently facing. I'd leave all my contact information with foster care, in case the children wanted to look me up when they got older, and I'd probably keep tabs on them throughout their lives. But I'd relinquish the responsibility of continually bailing out Nadya from her colossal fuckups.

One question I have, though, is how the hell did Nadya Suleman pay for this fertility treatment, if she is living off of student grants? That's the big question. Maybe I should've called that doctor for my Turkish ex-buddy Z. Looks like he does it for free.

-- DV

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to CNN, she got hurt on her job and drew disability to the amount of $165,000+ and that's the money she used for every one of her invitro procedures.

I don't understand how a doctor could agree to this procedure knowing she has 6 kids at home (one of which is autistic and [also according to CNN, I believe] two of her children are drawing social security disability - I'm assuming the autistic child is one of the two), she's a single mom, lives in a 2 bedroom home, and is feeding her family using food stamps. What happened to ethics in medicine?

Tuesday, 10 February, 2009  
Blogger contemplator said...

GAAAAHHHHH! She used her goddamn disability to have these babies?! FOOD STAMPS?

On TV she just said (paraphrasing) that she had herself implanted with all the remaining embryos because she believed that they were all created by God and it was a sin otherwise. Good fucking flying spaghetti monster.

This pisses me off so bad, and I can't even articulate why.

Tuesday, 10 February, 2009  
Blogger contemplator said...

On the interview last night, she claimed she worked double shifts to save up money to pay for her first fertility treatments.

My god, don't they do psych evaluations on people going in for babies?

Wednesday, 11 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How fucking selfish."

I have a small gripe about this statement. I could make the argument that everybody is selfish, that virtually everyone spends most of their waking moments doing things that benefit them.

I think that a better label would be "unenlightened, short-sighted selfishness", along the lines of a kid who daily shoves tons of candy bars in his mouth. In other words, I feel that this incident deserves a special and distinct category.

Thursday, 12 February, 2009  
Blogger contemplator said...

Gripe away. I understand how some people look at the term. But I'm not going to make that distinction here.

Friday, 13 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats