Sunday, November 19, 2006

Fortunate Son

I was strolling around blogs and the news, and I discovered these pictures taken on Friday, of Bush's recent trip to Vietnam:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


How ironic is it that the man who flew planes over oil rigs in Texas to protect us, presumably, from Charlie at home, that is, when he could be assed to show up for duty in the first place, has to sit under the very statue of the man that people like him sent other people's sons to die fighting? Coward. Both my father and my uncle served in the Vietnam war, both drafted, neither of them with the opportunity to pick their assignment. They were both in the National Guard, and I'm lucky both of them didn't get sent to Vietnam right away, as this was the period of heavy casualities and the buildup to the Tet Offensive--they were both drafted right around that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats