Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Girls Aren't Thirsty

Apparently that's what lightweight servers must think when we belly up to the bar with the guys. Or maybe I was just in a bad mood, but the chick who waited on us really set me off.

It was our usual Monday night post graduate class beer session. We've been in this place before, three fellas and me. The special is $1.50 drafts and $.35 wings. Good enough for me. Most places in this town stop serving food after 10 p.m.

Anyhoo, she comes to help us and she looks at me and says,What would you like? Some tea? A soft drink?
You don't have any specials on draft?
Oh yes, we do, do you want a lite?
No. No, I want Bud.

She offered the guys beer.

I don't like Bud, but the special was Bud & Bud lite. I just wanted to make a point about lite beer and women. What the hell? I may be smaller, but that doesn't mean I want a fucking glass of tea. Second problem comes when the beer runs out of the first glass. There's 2 glasses half full, and my glass is empty and so is my buddy's. She comes to the table.

You want another one? She points at him. He says yes. She gets ready to walk off.
Hey! I want one, too. And she has to ask me again if I'm sure that's what I want. YES. I even finished mine before he did. Get over it. At least give me the option to tell you, no thanks, I'm fine.

Apparently, girls don't look as thirsty as guys do.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your responding attitude should be "lightweight bartenders don't like tips" if they are reluctant to serve you booze.

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Blogger Kari said...

I love Mad Dog's response. I'm not a beer drinker (actually, I prefer hard liquor), but my gosh...be as polite to me as you are to the guys and don't insult me.

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

What hard liquor do you prefer, Kari?

Mad Dog: She didn't get as much as I normally tip servers. I'm pretty generous. But next time it happens, I'm gonna say something.

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't even need to ask what kind of booze I prefer, did ya?

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Blogger Kari said...

I can knock back anything in a shot and usually beat everyone doing it. :-) I love screwdrivers even though they have orange juice in 'em. I've found I can drink anything with vodka in it. Whiskey is a little strong, but I can knock it back in a shot, too.

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. Sometimes, I'm the only one who responds to your posts. You gotta admit that I have at least increased your site traffic.

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Just because you're the only one who comments (which is in itself a form of attention whoring!!), doesn't mean you're the only one who reads it....


But that's OK. You can hang around for a while. :D

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*walks off with tail between legs*

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Oh, whatever. Go howl at the moon somewhere else. :D

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats