Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cashed in Karma!!

I'm still giggling maniacally over this one. Here's an update to the gas drilling situation my mother created.

I talked to her yesterday. She gives me the same spiel she did originally about the gas company, blah, blah, blah. Then she says she's sending me a copy of the contract to look over. OK. Just to break my heart, I guess. Then she says, "You have to sign it."

"Why do I have to sign it?"
"Well...a couple of reasons. For one thing, your name is on the tax bill."
Now, I signed over my portion of the land to my mother after my father died. I was just then 18 years old, I trust(ed) Mom, it all comes back to us kids eventually anyway. Apparently this tax bill thing is just a fluke.

"Can't you just take that to court and get it fixed?"
"Well, I could," Mom said. She paused for a while. "But there's a second problem."
"What's that?"
"Well, there's a second deed."
Apparently my grandmother made two deeds. One deeded her land over to my mother, and consequently to us girls at a later stage. The second deed, which she never showed my mother, came up when the gas company went to process the contract.

My grandmother deeded the mineral rights to the land to someone else.

Guess who that someone else is?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee!

Don't forget to tell momma not to get mad in case the contortions end up making her need another face lift she can't afford.

(Have I mentioned I'm evil before now?)

Thursday, 26 October, 2006  
Blogger Kari said...

WooHoo! Smart Grandma. I love her already.

*dances a jig giggling all around the room*

Friday, 27 October, 2006  
Blogger Michelle L. said...

Wow, very interesting. Your Grandma sounds like my kind of woman.

Thursday, 02 November, 2006  
Blogger Frankie said...

Wow...cool grandma, very clever.

So...did you sign or refuse?

Saturday, 04 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with your photos, you always look like you are giggling manaiacally

Friday, 10 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats