Tuesday, February 13, 2007

For Brunhilde To Get A Kick Out Of (And You, Too!)

In the vein of exposing Jehovah's Witness doctrine, here's some more tidbits for you. I welcome the new people who've been hitting my site specifically for the JW references. *Waves!* You are welcome here. And you're welcome to delurk and discuss anytime. Even the one of you that found me by googling "demons among Jehovah's people." Which I'm not, by the way. I wouldn't mingle with "Jehovah's people" if it were the last social opportunity on Earth.

God Hates Your Psychiatrist:
Often when a Witness of Jehovah goes to a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist will try to persuade him that his troubles are caused by his religion, entirely overlooking the fact that the Christian witnesses of Jehovah are the best-oriented, happiest and most contented group of people on the face of the earth. They have the least need for psychiatrists. Also, more and more psychiatrists are resorting to hypnosis, which is a demonic form of worldly wisdom.

This contradicts direct evidence that shows Jehovah's Witnesses are, in fact, three times more likely to have mental disorders than any other religious group. Maybe your religion really is making you sick. This kind of indoctrination also keeps folks who leave from seeking help when they could use it most.

Some of their other genius medical advice:
Quotes are separated by spaces.
Appendicitis: Take one ounce each of elder blossom, peppermint and yarrow and simmer in three pints of water .. take a wineglassful every fifteen minutes.. Do not be afraid of the perspiration caused, or if you vomit. You will be better off with an empty stomach.

... We have recently learned of a very effective and simple remedy for cancers which show themselves on the surface of the body. We are informed that a physician, after testing this remedy, paid $1000 for the information, and that he has established a Cancer Hospital which is doing good work. The recipe has come to us free and we are willing to communicate the formula, but only to those who are troubled with surface cancers and who will write to us directly, stating particulars. No fee will be charge, but in order to protect the sufferers, we require a promise that they will not sell the formula to others, nor receive pay for the use of it, nor communicate the formula to anybody. Any one known to be a sufferer can be informed of the terms on which the prescription is obtainable through us.

It has never been proven that a single disease is due to germs.

If the organs [of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream... Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth's magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food.
Just don't listen to their malarky and try these things for yourself. There's always a reversal to follow:
From time to time we do publish articles on such subjects as surgery, chiropractic, osteopathy, zone therapy, etc. Such articles constitute no endorsement of these practices by us. They are offered in Awake! on the same basis that articles on other subjects are offered, namely, as general information and not as a recommendation. God's provision to restore us to perfection is the ransom by Christ Jesus. In the meantime, fanaticism in health matters is unwise, and absorption in health fads is a form of introversion that keeps the mind on oneself, which is conducive to neither physical nor spiritual health. Sweeping claims for cures by this or that system are always suspect. As stated before, each individual differs. (Rom. 14:2, 3) Moderation is usually beneficial.


Following their usual modus operandi, the organization will never come out and say they were wrong. They just print a buyer beware notice, which, in turn, just piles up yet more contradictions within their own body of literature. In other words, they still stand by these words, some of which were written back in the early twenties, just because they can't admit that their religion makes people sick and their idiot advice likely killed people with appendicitis. I imagine that even the most devoted follower still got his ass to the hospital when that hit.

I really want to write the Brooklyn Lawyer Society and see if they'll still give me that formula for cancer. Maybe some of Chaz Russell's magic beans are in there.

7 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.

I still maintain that you have the stranger former religion. Magnetic currents! That is some holy shit right there.

Tuesday, 13 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot damn! I gotta get me some of that! Oh wait, I already did and it nearly EFFING KILLED ME!!!! How in the HELL did we ever fall for this bullshit! Oh man, I really needed this. I wrote a paper for a humanities class on my "own personal spiritual journey." Needless to say it dredged up a lot of rather unpleasant memories and has left me feeling pretty shitty. Thanks again and keep those good vibrations coming *snicker* (just remember to keep your head pointed to the north...)

Tuesday, 13 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it definitely sounds like the JW's have a lot of issues with medicine. Don't mean to boast, but I am glad that as a Missouri Synod Lutheran, I never had to put up with this. Oh, yeah, Brooklyn JW's. I remember when I used to live in Brooklyn, I would often run/jog the Brooklyn Bridge on a regular basis, always taking notice of the 'Watchtower Building', which had a huge sign facing oncoming traffic that said "Read God's Word the Holy Bible Daily".

Wednesday, 14 February, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

Witch Doctors, indeed. If there are to be doctors at all. I think JWs are one step away from Scientology.

brunnhilde, if you want to get it off your chest, I'll post some of your story here. There are lots & lots of people who google things about JW and find me (including things like "demons among Jehovah's people", obviously).

When I posted my first meetup group in the paper, I had an older country man call me and tell me his wife was being "witnessed" to, and that he just couldn't get past the fact that 1914 wasn't in the Bible. When I told him it came from a pyramid (along with a few other choice details), he laughed and laughed, and said something like "I've been lookin' for a way around them people, and now I b'lieve I've found it. Thank you so much. And good luck to you."

It felt really good, because I knew he wouldn't be gulled into joining, and his wife would have some hard questions the next time.

I think they're good at what they do, otherwise the JWs wouldn't have lasted for over 100 years as a cult. I don't feel bad about falling for it, or failing to see the chinks any sooner than I did. It's a psychological battle they wage, not a logical one. Once you get clear of it, it's a lot easier to see into it.

My mother still believes this nonsense. Her answer to past idiotic statements is, "The light gets brighter" (I HATE that one), and her answer to present wrongdoing (like child molestation) is that the person who is accusing is just "out to get" the JW. And that you "can't believe everything you read or hear." No kidding, Mom.

There is even a pretty plain case of child molestation in my former congregation, even on circumstantial evidence, and she refuses to believe it. When we argue about it, she says that Jehovah will take care of it, and that they didn't promote the man within the congregation, so see? They handled it. Blech.

Thursday, 15 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might take you up on that, Contemplator. Of course, it didn't help that my mom decided to send me a letter begging me to see the error of my ways ("Its only safe with Jehovah" and "come back out of that cesspit" and "save that precious little boy's life") I would dearly love to point out to her it's her OWN bloodthirsty God who supposedly will kill my child, and for MY SIN! I don't know why we're so shocked that they allow safe harbor for pedophiles; their God is the biggest child-abuser of all! *sigh* What really made it special was her phone call the next day asking when she could have my son for an overnight visit. How about when Armageddon comes, Mom??

Saturday, 17 February, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

Oh my godless! We've been separated at birth! I have the exact same story about my mom as well. She even told my son once that he might not see me in Paradise. It made him really sad. I told him Nana believed in a bunch of garbage, and did he want to love a God that didn't love Mommy, and that put an end to that. But the sniping never ceases!

If you want to talk more about it offline, email me at contemplator77@yahoo.com

Sunday, 18 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OVER 450 JEHOVAH'S WITNESS LAWSUITS, COURT CASES, ETC. SUMMARIZED


This website summarizes 300 United States court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witnesses, including dozens of cases where the Parents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/



This website summarizes 160 United States court cases and lawsuits filed by Jehovah's Witnesses against Employers:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com/index.html

Thursday, 05 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats