Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hemingway-isms To Live By

Below are some quotes I just love from big Papa.


All our words from loose using have lost their edge.

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Not that I think any of my drinking buddies are fools, or anything.

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.

It's none of their business that you have to learn how to write. Let them think you were born that way.


The shortest answer is doing the thing.

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are stronger at the broken places.

When I have an idea, I turn down the flame, as if it were a little alcohol stove, as low as it will go. Then it explodes and that is my idea.

I love you, Papa!

-- Virgil

1 Comments:

Blogger contemplator said...

You too?

I have some top notch brandy & I just bought some vodka, if you'd like to come over and drink to Papa. :D

I'm going to have a Salty Dog, myself.

Saturday, 20 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats