Friday, September 28, 2007

It's A Hit!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
For those of you who have met Dante, you would probably agree that he can be, well, dramatic at times. Since I haven't gotten any information whatsoever about sports this year, I decided to enroll him in a drama class for kids this fall. It only runs through the middle of November. At first, he was on the fence about going. He was mainly concerned that there wouldn't be any other boys there. I showed him the pictures on the brochure of all the kids--just as many boys as there were girls. We showed up for the first time last night. We sat on the couches with the other parents & kids, watching the others begin to file in. He leans in and says, "I think I'm sort of scared." I told him he'd be just fine. He was happy to see that there were more boys than girls there. He went off to class, and we had a beer in the little bar and pool hall just a few steps away.

When we came back for the end of class, he ran out of the room with the others.

I asked: So, did you like it?
He says: I want to do this next year. And the year after that. AND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! And he runs out twirling and showing jazz hands, if any of you know what that means.


I think the boy likes it!

-- Virgil

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'you would probably agree that he can be, well, dramatic at times'

What's THAT supposed to mean?

Saturday, 06 October, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

You've never met him, obviously. You wouldn't know.

Saturday, 06 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats