Thursday, March 05, 2009

Midterm Mania

Urgh.

It's midterm again, and I've been grading portfolios for what feels like an eternity. They've completely taken over my life. They follow me where ever I go.

Tuesday at Dante's practice, I graded three of them. I did four more while supper was cooking and after I ate it. Yesterday I graded one in the waiting room of the beauty school, two while Dante was getting his braids done inside, and five more at home while fixing supper and watching America's Next Top Model.

I still have six more to go.....

I will never escape them. The D's and F's are due in 3 1/2 more hours. My doom is nigh!

-- DV

2 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

Bwa ha ha!! That's one aspect of grad school I certainly don't miss. Midterm portfolios are the worst because there's no time built in for them.

Of course, in my last year I just didn't do midterm portfolios. They wrote a midterm memo and I gave them their grades up to that point. They were happy. I was happy. Nobody cared. Everyone had their paperwork.

In retrospect, I probably wouldn't do that again (my students didn't deserve a break). You know you'll be able to ride your accomplishment high after you finish. Savor that feeling!!

Friday, 06 March, 2009  
Blogger contemplator said...

Laugh all you want.

I get a pay check.

:p

Friday, 06 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats