Friday, August 25, 2006

Animated Things I Love

Here are a few animated things I loved & why. I don't think true anime counts as a cartoon, but whatever.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The opening lines of every episode between Aeon Flux and Trevor describe why I like this show:
Trevor: The dream to awaken our world…
Aeon: You’re out of control.
Trevor: I take control. Whose side are you o­n?
Aeon: I take no side.
Trevor: Your skating the edge.
Aeon: I am the edge!
Trevor: What you truly want, o­nly I can give.
Aeon: You can’t give it, you can’t even buy it, and you just don’t get it!


Who wouldn't like a girl who can crush flies with her eyelashes? I loved Aeon Flux when the show came out. I've never seen the movie, as I want to go on liking the show. I think one of the main aspects I liked was the fact that Aeon died in some of the episodes. For whatever cynical reason, I enjoy it when shows have the guts to kill off the main character. Plus she was running around all dommed up and skating on the edge of sexuality (sometimes falling right off into a bottomless pit), and that was awesome.
More about Aeon Flux


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah, yes: Spike. The ultimate Gen-Xer sci-fi fantasy--at least for me. Again, he gets killed at the end, and goes out with a ton of irony, so I really enjoyed it. Someone very close to me gave me the entire collection, which made me insanely happy. I also liked Radical Edward (who's really a girl), because Ed is the quintissential kid: a whole lot smarter than you think she is and still incredibly naive. I also liked Jet, because I always thought Jet was the kind of person Spike would end up being at that age. I even liked Vicious. The only person I didn't like was Faye. But I think that's because she reminds me of Sister--and I love Sister, but I think Sister would definitely be Faye in that kind of situation.

What are your favorites? (Links, too, if possible, please!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats