Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Prince of Who? Prince of What?

He's really gone overboard this time. Even for Prince. What Tom Cruise is to the Scientologists, Prince now is to the Jehovah's Witnesses. He's so caught up in his relationship with the JW's that his reality has gotten itself into a slight kink. Here's the full article about what happened.

Basically, Prince went into a strip club and tried to evangelize the strippers. He begged them to keep their clothes on, saying they were too good to be selling themselves "so cheap." Perhaps they should've raised the price? He even convinced the DJ to not play songs with "offensive lyrics" while he was on the premises. Guess that means "Sexy Motherfucker" and "Jack U Off" are out.

What's great about this, is that if I were to go into the strip club, I could be disfellowshipped (whoops, already am). Prince gets a divorce, parties in a strip club, gets to ogle naked gals and nothing happens to him.

The best part is, he offered to pay the girls double what they made in a night to stop stripping. They said they were very happy showing their bodies. You go, girls! No matter what you might think about stripping, it takes a hell of a lot of self esteem to tell Prince to shove it.

Perhaps his song lyrics need readjusting to fit his new lifestyle??

Darling Nikki

knew a girl named Nikki, I guess you could say she was a fundy
I met her at my front door knocking, standing with a Watchtower magazine
she said how'd u like 2 waste your mind
& I could not resist when I saw little Nikki's design

she took me 2 her Kingdom Hall
and I just couldn't believe my eyes
they had so many excuses--everything that a weak man would buy
they said sign your name on the dotted line
my lights went out, and Nikki took over my mind

The Kingdom Hall started spinning or maybe it was my brain
I can't tell you what they did 2 me
but my mind will never be the same
Jehovah's lovin will kick your behind
He'll show you no mercy
but He'll sho'nuff sho'nuff sho ya what 2 deny

I woke up one next morning but Nikki was no longer there
I looked all over all I found was a phone number on the stairs
It said thank u 4 a funky time, but she's been kicked out
'cause she's got too much mind

[insert wicked guitar riff here]

come back Nikki come back
Your darling prince of peace
wanna crucify-fy-fy-fy-fy.
[gyrate and insert more guitar here]


--Virgil

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle L. said...

Brilliant! I love this! Prince is fucked up, what was he doing in there in the first place? I hear he still drinks. Is this against the religion?

Wednesday, 11 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaait, this is the Prince that wrote Cream, released an Album called Dirty Minds, and wrote an explicit song on incest?

Sister

I was only 16 but I guess that's no excuse
My sister was 32, lovely and loose
She don't wear no underwear
She said it only gets in her hair
And it's got a funny way of stoppin' the juice

My sister never made love 2 anyone else but me
She's the reason 4 my, uh, sexuality
She showed me where it's supposed 2 go
A blowjob doesn't mean blow
Incest is everything it's said 2 be

Oh sister - don't put me on the street again
Oh sister - I just wanna be your friend

I was only 16 and only half a man
My sister didn't give a goddamn
She only wanted 2 turn me out
She'd take a whip 2 me until I shout
Oh motherfucker, she's a motherfucker, can't U understand?

Oh sister - don't put me on the street again
Oh sister - I just wanna be your friend

I know what U want me 2 do
Put me on the street and make me blue

Oh sister!
Oh sister!
Oh!




Oh and nice Nikki lyrics.

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the fuck did he become a Jehovah's witness? I am guessing his career took a nosedive, and he gullibly joined a religion to deal with depression, right? If he was previously an atheist, he was probably the kind who became one for emotional rather than logical reasons, which is why it was so easy for him to become a Jehovah's witness.

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

evil missy: Drinking occasionally, OK. Drinking like we like to do? Definitely a no-no. :D

bambi: I forgot about the Sister song!! Particularly in light of how everyone is called Brother so & so or Sister So & So, that's hysterical!

mad dog: he's been a JW for a few years now. He had a son that was born with a rare skull problem and died shortly after birth. His mom was a JW, and she asked him to convert on his deathbed. His album Rainbow Children is laced with JW references (which was lots of fun for me to decipher), but I have to tell you it's pretty damn sarcastic. When I first heard it, I thought he was playing along with the whole religion to please someone else & poking lots of fun at it through his music. Now I'm not sure.

He used to be Catholic.

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Sister: I thought about toying around with "1999", given their obsession with end of the world dates! I might still. Rewriting Nikki (with the help of half a bottle of white wine) was a lot of fun!

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats