Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sorry, Buddy {but I'm laughing anyway}

I'm sorry I made you drink what was obviously swill water to you last night. Although, I have to say, it was very Airwolf that you drank it anyway. You may be more stubborn than I am! And that's saying something.

It was totally my fault for encouraging it. I have to remember that being six foot five has nothing to do with taste. Maybe I was just overly amped because of how you put down that entire glass of beer with nary a blink. As if it were water. Well, it was Bud Lite, so I guess it was pretty much water, eh? In my defense, I didn't realize that Harp was made by Guinness. I could've warned you first.

We'll try something else next time. Some Canadian beer or something. Maybe a Newcastle. I'm not torn up about it, so don't take this the wrong way. It was just...surprising. All in all, I had a good time. Will drink again (to paraphrase Vivek, who seemed to be having a Beowulf time with his woman...).

I'm sort of not that sorry, though, considering I blame my current hangover on the fact that I finished the beer you wouldn't and it was warm to boot. :D

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is there any shame in drinking booze? The only real shame is not drinking ENOUGH booze. Beer is nutritous.

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Blogger JP said...

I find it troubling that I'm not the first person to reply to this. :) Your followers are certainly loyal.

I look forward to your new kinds of beer. I'm also looking forward to proving my drinking mettle in the future.

It's not my fault that Harp sucks.

~ TUE

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

HARP DOES NOT SUCK!!

Graduate school is definitely Wolf Blitzer.

There's no shame in drinking booze, only in forcing people to drink booze they don't like. That's not very Airwolf at all.

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

I'm assuming Virginia Woolf is lower than Wolf Blitzer on our scale. As such, I resent your gendering the scale so that, once again, women are at the bottom. I expect redress!

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Blogger JP said...

We've decided that Virginia Woolf is replacing Seawolf. We can't decide if she's at 2 or 3.

5 = Airwolf
4 = Teen Wolf
3 = Virginia Woolf
2 = Beowulf
1 = Wolf Blitzer

You can't beat Airwolf and Teen Wolf.

TUE

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Should things that are particularly repugnant be dubbed Paul Wolfowitz?

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well he's a zero if there ever was one. :D

Wednesday, 13 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only true wolf is a Mad Wolf, the kind who likes chasing deer

Thursday, 14 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats