Friday, June 08, 2007

Virgil 1, World 0

Virgil launches war: May 28, 2007

Virgil wins war: June 6, 2007



My son called today and left me a message saying he had "important news". After a very long and involved (and I must say I was on my best diplomatic behavior) phone conversation with his dad last week, apparently his dad has let go of his position; Dante comes home this fall. As usual, he didn't bother to tell me. But that's OK.

Dante's coming home. And that's all that matters.

-- Virgil

8 Comments:

Blogger samuel said...

Awesome!

Friday, 08 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D

Friday, 08 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well let's hope this six day war doesn't have the appalling aftermath of racial and religious tension the one in '67 had, and instead ushers in a new era of peace, prosperity and happiness.

Saturday, 09 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since the conflict is really between you and the father, is it logical to assume that 'Contemplator vs World' is a diplomatic way of saying "Mother vs Father"?

I am not criticizing you, as grace and diplomacy does have its purposes.

Saturday, 09 June, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

There were more factors going into Dante coming home than just his father, but yes, he was the primary component. And I was trying to be diplomatic.

bambi--looks like you saw that Economist article this week, too.

Monday, 11 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and instead ushers in a new era of peace, prosperity and happiness."

And then pigs will fly.

Monday, 11 June, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

mad dog--are you saying that this move will not result in a new era of peace, prosperity and happiness for all involved?

Monday, 11 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. I keep hearing how the jews and the palestinians are going to kiss and make up, year after year, but then more shit happens

Monday, 11 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats