Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Bit of a Preview of Things to Come

A very wonderful thing is set to happen for me in less than three weeks. What it is, I cannot say publicly yet. Part of the reason is that I'm afraid to jinx it. The other part is that I have no control over who in my department reads this blog anymore, so sometimes I delay saying certain things to make sure my fanny doesn't get put into the blender.

I had no idea things would turn out the way they did. Sometimes fighting and fighting and fighting some more pays off.

To quote one of my all time favorite rappers and one of my many personal role models, Lady of Rage (Batmite, stop snickering!):

I rock on with my bad self cause it's a must
It's the Lady Of Rage still kickin up dust
So umm, let me loosen up my bra strap
And umm, let me boost ya with my raw rap
Cause I'ma break it down to the nitty-gritty one time


I rocks rough & stuff with my Afro puffs.

-- Virgil, the cat who actually ate the canary. ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you think of yourself as a cat?

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

If I were a literary fictional character, I'd be the Cheshire Cat. Lock, stock and barrel. ;)

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
:)

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean that you have a large mouth with big shiny teeth?

Thursday, 14 February, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

Nope. To steal from Wiki, it means something like this: "It appears and disappears at will, engaging Alice in amusing but sometimes vexing conversation. The cat sometimes points out philosophical points that annoy Alice."

Get it, Alice? :D

Friday, 15 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats