Friday, February 01, 2008

Hit Him!

Photobucket

It had been a rough several goddamn weeks. Expect a few updates on various fronts later. In brief, I'm in the middle of an administrative fight over my project; some...very interesting...results will likely be posted later. When Mama fights, she fights hard. Second, although it's not in my job title, I've been the Personnel Poobah of the office of late. We have personnel issues coming out the ass. And I've had to handle every single one of them. I so hate people right now.

SO, I went to fight night. It's a great proxy event. Instead of beating in the head of someone else in real life and screwing over my career, I can screech at some hulking mass of a man to do it. It so made me feel better! By the way, local people, if you are really planning on going to an event, you should probably tell me beforehand. It seemed like a dozen people claimed they were going, but I saw none of you there. Were you waiting on me to verify it with you??

So, of the seven fights, the first six were ended with technical knock outs in the first round. That's OK. It was a bunch of exciting first rounds. The last fight went all six rounds, surprising everybody with an upset. The 13-0 guy fell to the 5-5-1 guy. He just didn't come to fight. And there was the little matter of getting knocked down once in the fourth round. When it went to the cards, he seemed surprised he'd lost. I don't remember him throwing many punches. It was boring, in a way.

Fight Night observations:

The jeer from the crowd that drew the most laughs: "Come on, girls, let's go!!!" (Fight Night is an all male card. And yes, that was me.)

Probably not smart: When the main fight is over, and you're going to the bathroom, and you look around for your buddy and instead see the 6'4" hulking boxer who just lost and is bitching about why, it's probably not in your best interests to snort at him "You got knocked down in the 4th round--did you forget about that part?" (And yes, that, too, was me.)

-- Virgil

1 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

I made the trip home this weekend so I left Friday afternoon. Also, El Hijo informed me that Director Buddy was going with you, and I wasn't sure I was ready for watching a physical boxing match while taking part in an equally challenging verbal assault. :)

As for why I didn't call and say I wasn't going.... well... I have no explanation other than being a self-centered jackass.

Saturday, 02 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats