Saturday, February 09, 2008

Meme-poo

Here's a new meme that hit me via Meg.

Here’s the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

The book: Thich Nhat Hahn's Fragrant Palm Leaves, a journal of his from about 1963 when things in Vietnam were beginning to get difficult and he had come to the states to lecture.

5th sentence on page 123: If you are miraculous, my consciousness will be miraculous.

Next 3 sentences: If you are distant and remote, I will be distant and remote. Look into my eyes and you will know if your universe is bright or dark, infinite or finite, mortal or immortal. The poet Tru Vu wrote: Because eyes see the blue sky, eyes glisten sky blue/Because eyes see the vast ocean, eyes extend as far as the sea.

The tagged:

JP--although, I demand you pick up the book you're using for your sex theory class. >:D
Batmite!--because he'll go find a really bizarre book, rather than a close one.
El Hijo--just to make sure he's actually reading something towards his dissertation......(and yes, you can read your fav wrestlin' blogs or forums, and pick the 5th sentence there, if you like. That would probably be a whole lot funnier, actually.)
Kitush--because I don't think I've ever asked you what you read.
Kari--because this seems like a meme right up her alley!

-- Virgil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats