Friday, May 09, 2008

Catch Up

Wow, has it ever been busy.

Quick update before I provide more detailed info later. Probably Sunday or so.

I interviewed with the deans, and I got an offer less than an hour later. I took it. Turns out it's much more significant than I thought it would be, and I have more responsibility than I thought I did. They even offered me a little more money. Director/Buddy seems to be taking it well so far, but I think she's putting up a front. I have to quit my literacy job in order to work that one, which she knew from the outset, so I'll be transitioning somebody new in by the end of July.

The Derby was OK. I had a good time, and I really enjoyed hanging out with Sister and her boyfriend. But Derby itself was pretty windy and cold--we wore jeans, sweatshirts, sneakers and our Derby hats. Pictures aren't back yet--I really need to go digital. The whole thing was marred by that poor little filly who died just after she crossed the finish line in second place. She wasn't stopped/didn't stop properly, and she broke both her front ankles. She was immediately euthanized. I feel very sorry for animals who die for our entertainment--she ran a hell of a race. But people also die for our entertainment. There just seems to be something less voluntary about an animal, I guess.

Had a good 80s party, and I hope JP or Batmite! will post the absolutely hilarious pics soon. It was a good time. I'm pretty sure I pissed Batmite! off. But I don't think it's anything a few beers somewhere else won't solve.

Details later. Tired now.

-- Virgil

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure know a lot of people named "Dean"!

Saturday, 10 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Cheers on getting the job! Bye bye Stinky Hippychick! Sorry the Derby was so sad. I thought of you there, when I heard about Eight Belles.

Big changes and exciting stuff ahead for you and that's only fair, you've worked damn hard and you deserve it!

Saturday, 10 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the getting the job!

Sunday, 11 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats