Saturday, September 06, 2008

Apparently, I'm Not Immune Either

Here's one for the "numbnut" category.

For the past few months, I've been fretting about this spot on my right foot. It looks like an indention around my leg just above the ankle, kind of like when your socks come off at night and they've pressed into your feet. It's not that obvious, but I first noticed it on a day when I wasn't wearing any socks at all. It sparked a "What in the hell is wrong with my foot?!" conversation. This has re-puzzled me every so often when I'm getting dressed and happen to notice it again. "What in the hell is going on?" was still the basic reaction I was having.

Well, I figured out what it was tonight. Call it an epiphany.

It's a fucking crease in my skin. Because I'm aging. It's a "pre-wrinkle."

LOLOL. It's not that I thought I was immune to aging. I get the occasional white hair. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about that--my position right now is to do nothing unless it comes in like a skunk stripe. Even then, it depends on how it looks. I don't really care about aging. I guess I've just never really thought about it period, or what it really looks like as it's happening.

I'm already used to the crease. I'm sure I have more in other places I'm not used to studying. But it still took me aback. (How many college degrees does it take to figure out what's going on with your body??) I'm just happy I didn't go to a dermatologist demanding to know what the hell was wrong with my foot. I saved myself some embarrassment.

-- Virgil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats