Sunday, April 02, 2006

Observations

Some things I've observed during my time away:

1) Kids are messy. Even if the messy kid doesn't mess on you, you will still get dirty by doing kid related things. I currently have washable marker and banana cream pie blizzard on my expensive-on-sale new shirt. Both of these things are simply the result of being around the child. The blizzard belonged to me. Not sure about the marker.

2) Kids grow FAST. Good lord, an inch and 1/2 since the last time I measured him!! When he's grown, he'll rest his forearm on my head!

3) Everyone needs time just for play. Four days of basically play, play, play. No work, no grocery shopping, just undivided attention.

4) I hate Yu-gi-o cards. Too many cards that require other cards to play the game. To many big words for beginning readers. Too many make up the rules as you go incidents.

5) I've said it before, but I truly mean it: if I could've picked out a kid, put him together myself, I couldn't have got a better fit.

6) Jay-Dubs are some scary people. I recommend you pretend to speak in tongues when they come to your door. The fact that they can be well integrated into normal society is a scary thought. I'm starting a Jay-Dub recovery/socializing/let's get together and release our anger group in the town where I live. You WV girls who know somebody who might fit the bill, send 'em my way.

Also, April is Child Abuse Awareness month. I can think of no better way to raise awareness than to stick by your guns and refuse to condone abusive behavior like that advocated by the Pearls. Click on my anti-HSB icon to read why!

By the way, for those searching for a label, I'm a free-thinking atheist.

--Virgil

2 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Sounds like you two are having a *wonderful* time. I'm happy for you! Good to know you both are such a good fit.

My son does the Pokemon cards. The neighbor boy makes up rules all the time even after my son has read the rules. It is infuriating. I don't like those card games either.

Enjoy yourselves!!! I've been wondering how it was going.

Monday, 03 April, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Hmm. I've seen older kids playing Magic cards, but I didn't know it could be *educational*!! If I dare let my son know that, he'll be instantly turned off, LOL.

Yes, Missy, and others who are proselytized by Jay-Dubs--be rude. They seem nice because they're brainwashed and clean cut. But it's vicious inside, and most of the insiders don't know what goes on inside the church. Make them question their beliefs. Ask them why they now accept blood transfusions. Ask them why they don't consider their organization a "false prophet" since it prophesied the time of the end that NEVER HAPPENED. Ask them about shunning people and why then did Jesus sit with the outcasts of Jewish society. Should be interesting.

Or, you could pretend to speak in tongues (roll your eyes around and shout A-sha-na-na-na-na-na) and watch them run! I think that would be more fun.

Wednesday, 05 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats