Thursday, April 27, 2006

WTF???

Listen to this completely insane stupid person and you'll understand why I'm steamed. I know about this cat and how he is, but this particular little sound byte really pissed me off. This is in regard to the rape that happened involving some members of the Duke Lacrosse team.

It's bad enough what he called the stripper. But the black woman who is speaking he completely misrepresents, and what's horrid, is that he says: "Did you hear what that thing said?" OK. First of all, "thing" was a derogatory sex term used by white slave holders toward black slave women. And still in use by a (fortunately) dwindling number of white "good ol' boys" today. It dehumanizes a person to the point of becoming a valueless common noun. But the way it was used by Savage references terrible times. I hate this man. I don't know what to do about it, but this struck me as the most disgusting combination of woman hating racism I've ever heard.

For some reason, hearing words like "coon" and "nigger", which are terrible, didn't strike me with as much force as hearing this hateful white man call this black woman speaker a thing. I hate this man.

Did you know that Michael Savage's real last name is "Weiner"? Personality complex, anyone??

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

Dunno what to say. As someone who's been referred to as "that thing" (and so recently too), I didn't feel as badly as when I was called "bull dagger". I'm so not butch!

People are stupid and ignorant. That many of them are Christian is probably just a coincidence. Chin up, your blog groupies agree with you 110%.

Thursday, 27 April, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Some one called you a THING? I truly don't get why this word is bugging me more than any other hateful word I've seen slung around. It's the...dehumanizing of the person. I mean a complete reduction from a person who breathes and has dreams and feelings to a word that has no form, shape or meaning. Maybe it's the English Major in me (half-hearted smile). I find it to be insulting at the very conceptual level. It disgusts me. And what the hell is a bull dagger? That's a new one on me. I had someone recently try to "condamn" me. Pretty sure that's not covered by my insurance.

Thursday, 27 April, 2006  
Blogger Andrea said...

He's right up there with O'Reilly and Limbaugh. I admit I tune in sporatically because I believe they have to be "checked in on" by those that oppose and are floored by their tactics. Otherwise, I'd be an "un-informed" opposition. My span of ability to listen is limited, though, as I'm usually behind the wheel and, well, angry bitches behind the wheel are dangerous!!

Friday, 28 April, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Limbaugh is entertainment to liberals. When you realize what a dodo he is, he's pretty funny. Savage is...well, a bad, rude man. Savage takes himself seriously. I think Limbaugh knows he's an entertainer. Doesn't make what he says right or relevent, but I don't think he has the same spirit Savage gives off. Blech.

Friday, 28 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats