Friday, April 21, 2006

Live in the Real World, People!

Last night I went to a dinner meeting at a Mexican restaurant to discuss our future as a non profit. We basically all got on our sit-and-spins for a couple of hours and got nowhere. Well, there were two long tables near us full of kids (and their parents). One table was rowdier than the other, but they weren't out of line. Their voices were just pitched a little higher than everyone else's.

Well, in walks a Tori Spelling look-a-like and her Neanderthal boyfriend. They get seated close to both tables, and before the poor guy gets the menus on their table, she's already waving her hands in a "nix this deal" kind of way. She hisses "Can we be somewhere away from the kids??" The waiter wasn't sure what she meant at first, so she hisses some more. "The kids. The kids. We don't want to be anywhere near the kids." "Away from the kids?" The guy answers. "Yes. No kids." And she speed walks away from the table.

This pissed me off. If the kids were being snots, well, I understand. But they were just being kids. And this early twenty something acted like they all were dripping with bird flu. Good luck avoiding kids in the real world, twit.

If society would be more kid friendly, we'd have less problems in the world. Dumbasses.

--Virgil

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

The one I love is when people go to fast food places with those indoor/outdoor play places. You have to go out of your way to sit and eat your food near them, and people have the nerve to be annoyed by the kids playing and being too loud or rowdy. Give me a freakin' break! It's a freakin' play ground...sit somewhere else you freaks!!!

Friday, 21 April, 2006  
Blogger Technicolour Nightmare said...

There seems to be an open hatred towards children by children free youths now, its awful. And it makes it harder on people with children. It is becoming more and more 'Tori Spelling's' world.

I didn't mean to insinutate that you thought I was over bearing, that was my words. Because I am at times because I want to bring up a well mannered and adjusted child in a world I see as declining awfully. You made a valid and thought provoking point. Cheers.

Friday, 21 April, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

This snooty woman would've snooted at your little Missy no matter how well behaved she was. I imagine she walks through her every day life grossed out at all the little people who are, you know, EVERYWHERE.

Friday, 21 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats