Monday, April 17, 2006

Where Was I?!

Holy Crap! Where was I when the felony annoyance provision came about?! After reading this online news article, I got really worked up. At first I was semi-excited, because I thought about how I could post after anonymous jerk wads and tell them they were breaking the law. Anyone who annoys me online could potentially be locked away. That felt good for about two seconds.

Do we not have enough trouble to deal with that Bush has to go and make it illegal to annoy someone online? Well, he annoys the crap out of me, but until he posts under a psuedonym like "Duh-bya" or something, I can't charge him with anything. Who gets to decide what's annoying? This could clog up the courts for years.

I recently wrote my senators and state rep about child abuse in Iraq's Abu Ghraib. Seems they're picking up children as young as 8-10 years old and sexually abusing some of those children. Check out the story here. I'm tired of feeling politically impotent. But as a citizen what can I do? I can write letters, I can vote for politicians who will listen to me, and I can stand in front of the courthouse with a sign and a megaphone. I can try to educate fellow voters. It seems like the problem is beyond the touch of a little everyday citizen. There must be something more I can do.

On the other hand, with regard to the felony annoyance provision, Butch sure has one hell of an airtight case, doesn't she?

4 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Holy shit. Whoops, I shouldn't write that it might annoy someone.

But in the reverse, all those who post at the WTF boards ;-) about praise hems, prayers, etc., water making you gay, that is annoying to me -- so are they in violation? They don't use their real names.

AND -- neither do I. Ever. Frankie is not even close to my real name. It's a self-chosen nickname because someone recently told me I was very frank. so frank -- straight forward = frankie straight. Does that annoy you?

This is very, very scary. Thanks for sharing the info.

Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  
Blogger samuel said...

That was so criminally annoying, Frankie. I can't fathom how you can be so . . .

Hell, I'm glad that our elected "leaders" are finally getting at the real problems in American society. There is absolutely nothing in our current state of affairs that is more pressing than online annoyance issues. This is bigger than lying politicians, bigger than corrupt money grubbing politicians, bigger than child sexual abuse at prisons, bigger than corporate scandals, bigger than a civil war that we are responsible for.

This is huge, and I thank god that we have such brave politicians who are willing to stand up and put a stop to people doing . . ., okay, what's this about again? Being annoyed? Having to experience some minute moment of unpleasantness? Yeah, that's fucking huge.

Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  
Blogger Appletini said...

Na na na na boo boo! You can't touch me! I'm not in your country!

Was that annoying enough? ;-)

Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

Watch out, audrey, I'll have them extradite you, LOLOL.

Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats