Monday, May 29, 2006

More Crazy Family

I had a good visit with Dante. Unfortunately, the ballgame was rained out, but I should get to see one next week. This was a bizzare weekend. We always go down on Memorial Day weekend, because our family reunion is on that Saturday. This time, it was rather subdued. No crazy fights over whose kid pushed who or who's telling the story correctly. They were all unnaturally quiet, because...

...my 84-year-old grandfather brought his 20 year old girlfriend to the party.

Ye gods. She has a brow ring and two-toned hair, and too much belly hanging over her jeans. And 2 kids. Now, I don't have anything against brow rings. Two-toned hair just looks bad, and I have nothing against bellies. Or kids, obviously. It was just surprising to say the least. I sat across from her (everyone else seemed to be avoiding them) and she said not two words the whole time. Not two. Just "Mmm-hmm"s every now and then.

Then it comes out that Papaw has not one, not two, but three girlfriends. Two of which are pregnant, one of which is carrying twins. Supposedly.

The whole story is starting to smell fishy. But Papaw won't deny anything, so who can tell? Maybe he just likes the attention.

God only knows what he could possibly be getting out of it at his age after all the treatments he's had. No, I don't want to know. He can keep that to Himself.

--Virgil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats