Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bettie Page

I saw the new Bettie Page movie last night. I absolutely loved it. The clash between her eagerness and the darkness of S&M was fascinating. And Gretchen Mol did an incredible job. Although I have to wonder, how do you not comprehend anything about bondage when you're the leading star in both photos and films? Was she really clueless about that, or was that a front to protect the Christianity she wasn't able to get away from? I'm hoping there's a biography I can check out.

In any case, the film was shot like a noir, which I love, and reminds us all of the three main ingredients in life: "pose, clothes and expression".

--Virgil

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Valencen said...

Tho a little in long in tooth by Internet standards you might want to check out The real Bettie Page which deals with more "issues" of the 50s age and digs deeper than her authorized biography.

Gretchen Mol who saw that coming?

Qu'ul cuda praedex nihil!

Diane Tomlinson
Managing Editor-Terran Affairs
The Dis Brimstone-Daily Pitchfork

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger contemplator said...

It's always a treat to be visited by Hell. :)

Friday, 23 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats