Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Eeep! Ack! Urgh!

Director just called to let me know I have to do a radio interview on Friday morning. We have two fundraisers coming up next week, and one of them is a read-a-thon. I had a woman email me saying she'd like to participate and I was kind of thinking--hey, that sounds like that lady who does the news on the AM station. So I asked her what the chances were of getting her workplace to sponsor her and I end up on the radio with one of the morning "talk" teams.

Don't think I'm not grateful. Awareness building is something that's very crucial to a little program like ours.

But, AAAACCCCKKKK!

I've been on the radio before. I do pretty well, but according to all witnesses, I turn white as a sheet, and I'm pretty pale as it is, so that should tell you something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what station will you be on? I would like to catch you. I am wondering if the station you will be on shall be on the internet

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger Andrea said...

Well, at least TV isn't live. I did several spots for our literacy program on TV and they edited and pieced together the "better" stuff. Radio talk shows are live, usually, and I don't envy you at all!!!

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats