Saturday, February 17, 2007

Susan B. Anthony Day Report

In a fit of patriotism I accomplished the following things on SBA Day.

Jeering Heterosexual Norms & Expectations

I don't think I actually got around to any of this on a personal level, unfortunately. I'm sure it could've been helped along with some beers, but I didn't have the time.

Those who need a big dose of SBA Day

Not having the time to diagnose the locals who need a big dose of SBA Day was disappointing. What I did find, though, was a case of sexism surrounding something my feminists are actually involved in. We're putting on The Vagina Monologues next week. Apparently, 'tis the time to do such things the nation over, because one idiot complained that the word "vagina" was too explicit, and had the name changed to, of all things, The HooHaa Monologues.

Sounds like that woman needs a ticket to a front row seat.

Apparently this Atlantic City woman felt "offended" that she had to explain to her neice what a vagina was. She doesn't know already??!!?111รท!?

Damn, my son knew all the parts, because he got all hung up on the fact that he thought women had penises, they just fell off. (A different story there, I may tell you sometime.) He was probably 3 years old. You better believe he got an education quick! He sure as hell knew all the names for his own parts. I can understand not getting into an indepth conversation about the parts of the opposite sex when they're little (unless they pull a Dante), but not to even know your own???

I mean, what the fuck? Vagina is a normal word. Hell, there are even feminists who complain that we should be saying "vulva" because that's what most of us are really referring to instead of "vagina." Seems this woman is wa-ay behind that curve. If you have to call your own genitals a "hoohaa", and sadly, I've seen more cases of women who do have to refer to it that way, you need a gigantic dose of both the monologues and SBA Day.

Consider yourself mocked.

What I Did To Advance Woman's Voice

I wore my Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance tee shirt. That's about it.

Better luck next year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The really sad thing is, if the correct terminolgy was "HooHaa" and it was "The HooHaa Monologues"; the poor cow would be complaining about the use of the word HooHaa and demanding it be replaced with something like "Vagina".

Is it the word, or the organ, or the connotations that are causing her offence?

*sigh*

Saturday, 17 February, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

I believe the neice asked "What's a vagina?" and the auntie told the producers of the program, "'I'm offended I had to answer the question."

Sunday, 18 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just love to see what would happen if you went to a feminist meeting to proclaim that all women should arm themselves with powerful rifles to protect their freedom.

Tuesday, 20 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats