Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Worky Work, Busy Bee!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am absolutely covered over with stuff at the moment. I just passed the crisis point, however, about two hours ago. So, as a reward, I decided to waste some time blogging about it.

Midterms are ridiculous on a graduate teaching assistant. Not only do we have 44 portfolios to assign midterm grades to, but I had 44 separate essays to grade, because their second major paper came due at the same time. Top that off with the fact that my presentation script for one of my own classes is due tonight. But I got the grading done in a marathon that would make a Greek proud. And my presentation is largely a load of bull (how can you present on something you haven't written yet?!), but it came out at nine pages (TUE, I don't even want to hear you. I'm buying the rounds tonight anyway!).

The nonprofit has been crazy as well. We have a wrestling tournament on Sunday, and the office has been getting backed up as we take care of all the last minute details for that. That ought to be a fun time, though, if only in a mockworthy way. These little backwoods shows are for great stars who have fallen from the sky. We got Tracy Smothers and The Maestro coming. They used to be champions in their day.

Tracy Smothers:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A different wrestler, Bobby Eaton. He sort of looks like Sean Hannity with a blonde wig, *guffaw*:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ain't they scary??

This is gonna make a great blog for Sunday night! Mainly, though, I just want a vacation.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Is it over yet?

-- Virgil

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobby Eaton looks like Sean Hannitty? Thatss' all you can say about one half of the greatest tag team of all time, the Midnight Express? Don't you know about his finishing move, the Alabama Jam?

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am absolutely covered over with stuff at the moment. I just passed the crisis point, however, about two hours ago. So, as a reward, I decided to waste some time blogging about it."
Don't you also want to take a shower, to get that stuff off?

"We have a wrestling tournament on Sunday, and the office has been getting backed up as we take care of all the last minute details for that"
Did you win? And what kind of moves did you use? Did it involve mud?

"But I got the grading done in a marathon that would make a Greek proud. "
Do you like to do anything else 'Greek'?

"These little backwoods shows are for great stars who have fallen from the sky."
They didn't land on you, did they?

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

smokey: I say want I want to say, because, well, it's my blog. But if you want to wax poetic about the Midnight Express, go right ahead. I've also got Rock 'n Roll Express Ricky Morton coming, too. How's that grab ya?....

mad dog: mud. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Wednesday, 28 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's free country, I guess, so you can say whatever you want. Just don't go saying anything bad about the Nature Boy. Then we'll have trouble.

Thursday, 01 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats