Monday, November 19, 2007

Because I Need A Break From Writing The Essay That Will Never End

When the boys of this household indulge in watching pro-wrestling, sometimes I sit in with them. Wrestling is very big on Dante's agenda right now, and he has an absolute obsession with Jeff Hardy, who looks like an overgrown skateboarder on ecstasy, so I have no idea what Dante sees in him. The shows give the boys something to bond over; Dante can obsess over the brewing storylines and El Hijo de Verde (Husband) can have his "When I was a boy..." moment.

Sometimes the house is such a racket when the show is on that all you can do is try to find your way into enjoying it. I do so by investigating the new man meat. After all, there are few other places where you can see overly toned men prancing around in spandex and be reasonably sure they're straight. I tend to like the lean types, and considering the steroid superfreaks that pro-wrestling likes to trot out nowadays, I don't get much to pick from.

My favorite wrestler used to be Edge. When he first hit the big time, he was part of a trio. He was supposedly with his "brother" Christian and they were led by a vampire named Gangrel who used to drink "blood" in the ring and spew it out. There were implications of mind control.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Edge is the one standing on the left. Hawt. Now, his jawline is so square from steroids that you could probably use it as a ruler to mark off plywood. See example:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blech. I don't like 'em when they get too square looking. I'm also somewhat forbidden to like him, since he took Jeff Hardy's real life girlfriend and had a torrid affair with her, breaking the heart of Dante's favorite wrestler. He is considered evil in this household.

One of the new boys who has caught my attention is Cody Rhodes, son of wrestling legend Dusty Rhodes. He reminds me of pretty West Virginia Boys. He's 22 years old, but if you look at his wikipedia entry, he looks like a damn college sophomore. Getting dangerously close to pervy old woman territory. But boy is he good lookin'! Cody is considered a "face", so it's OK to like him. That means he's the good guy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Purtier fotos of him exist here.

But the one I'm really hoping to see more of is "Drew McIntyre", Drew Galloway in real life, from Scotland. I'm sure he overdoes his accent, but god, it's a killer! He's also only 22, a freaky 28 days older than Cody Rhodes (pervy old woman!!), and he hasn't been on TV very long, making pictures of him hard to find. The YouTube links for his actual debut weren't very clear, so I found--surprise!--his own YouTube video promoting himself.



What little bit we've seen of him suggests he'll be a "heel", or a bad guy. That's my boy! Unfortunately, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre are in different programs, so my dream of seeing my favorite face and my favorite heel beat the crap out of each other won't come true--but I can still check out their collective asses!

Here's the kind of thing Director/Buddy digs:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold sez so!!" She's only just discovered him, so when she sees old clips of him slamming back beers and cussing people out and giving everyone the finger, she's transfixed. LOL.

Of course, those types of men usually end up here:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sigh. We're working on that part of her life.

-- Virgil

2 Comments:

Blogger samuel said...

Give me the good ol' days of wrestling, Dusty Rhodes being a childhood favorite, or Junk Yard Dog or The Ultimate Warrior.

Tuesday, 20 November, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

Oh, back in the good old days of wrestling, my favorite was Flexy Lexy. El Hijo de Verde's was The Ultimate Warrior.

Tuesday, 20 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats