Thursday, December 06, 2007

5 Things

This meme is like comfort food to me. I return to it when I'm really busy and the semester is getting hectic. I finished my Old English paper on The Wife's Lament--finished it last weekend, actually, but sh! don't tell my classmates. I didn't have the heart to tell them I was almost finished with it when they hadn't gotten started yet. I had my last class today. On Tuesday I took my OE final, which I actually gave myself some breathing room to study for. Not that it helped. I still have to finish my first seminar paper (I'm working with Vogue). That's the biggest stress factor. I'm on page 15 of a 20+ page paper. My kids turned in their portfolios today, which I will also have to grade. I just finished a fund raiser Saturday morning. I leave the country in 10 days for Acapulco. I still need to finish Christmas shopping for the family I adopted through a different nonprofit agency. It's a hazardous time of year. So I pull out the comfortable meme when I'm away from the internet for too long.

5 things in my fridge:

1:margarita mix, which I plan to use with Navy Buddy's leftover high grade tequila. I think that if I had a few limes, I could just add the lime juice to the tequila and it would be the same.
2:the rest of the soup El Hijo made tonight. Holy crap, it's good. It takes him a while, but it is totally worth it.
3:A hunk of Parmesan cheese, wrapped up and waiting to be used.
4:sweet Lebanese bologna--a secret guilty pleasure of mine. I roll it up and have it with pickles and...
5:goat cheese. Not the kind saturated in red wine, which is my favorite cheese ever, but a reasonable substitute. If you run the Lebanese bologna through it, it's even better.

5 things in my closet:
1:My new Kentucky Derby dress. It's black. It's swirly. It's awesome. All it needs is the hat.
2:a fox fur coat that I bought for $16--the steal of a lifetime.
3:a pair of black leather pants by DKNY, another score, which I wore to class one day just to scare the kids. It worked.
4:a really, really warm Navy sweatshirt that I cajoled off of Navy buddy. It's realllly warm.
5:a pair of black boots by Biviel that cost me way too much and bring me compliments every time I put them on.

5 things in my purse:
1:left over student evaluation sheets, not that they know what they're evaluating anyway
2:my ipod, loaded with Rob Zombie
3:an Italian pen given to me by one of my favorite students whom I wrote a letter of recommendation for to go to Italy.
4:extra snacks that I brought to feed the beasts on the last day of our classes
5:receipts that are really supposed to be living at the office--I keep forgetting to take them out.

5 things in my car/truck (only 5 things?!)
1:accumulated goodies for my adopted Christmas family
2:two bottles of pina colada something or others from the time Director/Buddy and I went shopping on Black Friday. I keep forgetting to take them in, too.
3:recycling in the trunk of my car that needs to go where it belongs!
4:papers. lots and lots of papers.
5:a towel. Not sure why. It's one of my good ones, too.

-- Virgil, seven more days left in my semester!

2 Comments:

Blogger contemplator said...

I set myself a deadline because I knew it would be painful. Of course, in the face of SB's ginormous project all of ours will look like crap. The extra time was totally inconsequential. It made no difference. Why the hell did he pick that poem? Sigh.

Whatever. I so don't care. I'm just glad it's over.

Friday, 07 December, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

How about "8 things"?

You're tagged!

Saturday, 08 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats