Friday, January 11, 2008

Halloween, a Bit Late

So yeah, it's a little late for the Halloween pictures, but so what? I just got them back in the middle of my Acapulco pictures. This was the costume Dante had for 2007. In the daylight, it's not so spooky. But those pink eyes glowed on and off, and at night, it really freaked out the little kids, which is really what Halloween is all about, anyway. We give out candy for the first part of trick or treat, and then Dante goes around and gets his share. For the giving out part, I sat at the top of our stairs to the house, and he hid under them. As unsuspecting children mounted the steps, he would stick his ax through the crack in the stairs and growl or roar, or put his bony hands through. Sometimes he poppped up completely. It was highly effective. And rather hilarious.
Dante's Halloween Costume

After Halloween, Dante carved his first ever pumpkin with El Hijo. Then we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" As a former Jehovah's Witness, Halloween was a pretty evil holiday to participate in. So the whole carving a pumpkin thing is new to me. Apparently, they are messy. Very messy.

Dante Carving Pumpkin

Apparently, messy equals "hella fun."

Carving Pumpkin

I have to take this moment to really brag on El Hijo. He is truly a great stepdad, and Dante is lucky to have him. Dante has really taken to him as both an authority figure and as a friend. He gets Dante to do things that I can only scream of. :) They've really bonded as dudes, and El Hijo goes out of his way to father him. I'm not cutting down his biological dad. I'm just saying that El Hijo is one hell of an appreciated stepdad. The proof, as they say, is in the puddin':

the boys

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do your family members think of your blog?

Nice pictures by the way.

Friday, 11 January, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

Well, Dante likes anytime his mug is on the computer. He likes to think that all I ever think, live and breath is him, so he's for it. El Hijo is ambivalent about it. I of course asked his permission to put up the pictures, as this is the first time his pictures have been on the web. He was a little uneasy at first, but they're such great pictures! For the most part, I don't think he cares one way or the other. There are only a couple of people who know us in real life who read this blog, so it's all good.

Friday, 11 January, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

Oh, and I *so* hate that wallpaper.

Friday, 11 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I just say your husband is cute!

And Dante is adorable.

I bought a pumpkin last year with the aim of carving it up. Got the carving bit, didn't know how to do it so gave up :( Next year I'll try again.

Oh and freaky costume. I'm actually grateful the UK isn't that into halloween - kids running around dressed lik that would creep me out...

Saturday, 12 January, 2008  
Blogger Meg_L said...

Great pics!

But aren't you suppose to carve the pumpkin before Halloween?

Saturday, 12 January, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

Kitush: I'll try to find out the secrets to pumpkin carving and tell them to you. Dante and knives freaked me out so much I had to leave the room so they could actually get something done!

Meg: How would I know when to carve them?? One day is just the same as the other to me. :D I assumed they were doing it that night because it was a "fresh" pumpkin. lol.

Saturday, 12 January, 2008  
Blogger JP said...

In the third picture, El Hijo looks like he's about to turn the knife on the person holding the camera. :)

Fuck Texas.

Saturday, 12 January, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

JP: Both are fair statements.

Saturday, 12 January, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

:)
He looks like he's auditioning for DBZ. Looks like a fun time!

Monday, 11 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats