Saturday, December 08, 2007

An Honest to God Email

I just got this email from a student a few minutes ago. Since class has been over for a while now, I'm assuming it's a suck up email. I swear, this is exactly how it came to me. The only thing I changed was the name:

Hi its Dude just wanted to say thanks I think I really get the hang of writing now especially punctiuation haha I just figured I would send you an email hopefully I did alright in the class Im always thinking that I am doing awful in all of my classes but Im just hoping I get a c event though I think I did pretty well but I guess we will see.

Yes. We see very clearly, don't we? Ye gods. Yes, people, this is what I had to work with this semester.

469758086_051b1dd752.jpg
moarfunny pictures

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I had this person in my group project!!! No wait! I ALWAYS have this person in my group project!!! I can't even BEGIN to imagine having to read paper after paper written at this high level of scholarship. ARGH!

Aside from the fun emails, how's it going? I'm counting down to the end of my semester. You were right about Astronomy. I'll be grateful if I pull a C. Not exactly my best performance, but given everything else going on, pretty damn good!

Sunday, 09 December, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

I'm telling you, Brunn, Astronomy nearly kicked my ass. It's not that I didn't like it--I loved it. But it was hard work for an introductory course. I learned a lot, though.

I'm finishing my seminar paper right now, which is truly almost completely done, but that final paragraph is killing me. Then the pain of grading begins. This crew has been one of the worst in preparation that I've ever seen. I have no idea why they're so much further behind, but the dude who sent me the email was one of many in both sections. Crappy. Just crappy.

Come to think of it, the dude who sent me the email was the brighter one in his group project, if you can imagine that!

Sunday, 09 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy craps!





- (And yes, another product of stupid people that are brought up to believe nice trumps competency.)

Sunday, 09 December, 2007  
Blogger contemplator said...

This is the first semester I've ever had suck up emails. I've gotten at least three so far. They need to be scared--this was the worst class every.

Monday, 10 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats