Sunday, January 13, 2008

There's a Perfectly Good Reason Why...

...I'm including this poorly lit and oddly colored picture of myself holding Fanny Fern.

Fanny & Me

It's because that in the year that we've had her, this is the first time that she let anybody hold her up. She would get in your lap or sleep on top of you, but you couldn't pick her up and carry her. She would flee the moment she got a free claw into you. So, at the dinner table, she jumped in my lap, and I put my arms out like that, to give her a perch. She climbed right up, and to my surprise, she let me get up and carry her around. Some cats just don't like to be held, but our runt Fanny came with some trust issues.

So, that's pretty special to me. :) It means I'm a good cat Mommy.

-- Virgil, Cat Mommy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texas ain't all bad. The movie 'Anarchists Cookbook' took place there. Pantera is from Texas. So is my cousin, who is very entrepreneurial, by the way. But yeah, it sucks in so many ways. Might have been better if Kinky Friedman had won.

Anyway, that picture of you reminds me of someone I knew back in college. She had jet black hair, though.

Sunday, 13 January, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

Go over to JP's blog and read the comments on the first post to get an idea of what the inside joke about Texas is.

Sunday, 13 January, 2008  
Blogger Meg_L said...

Texas is a joke and if Boy ends up going there, he probably won't be happy being there.

Love the cat story.

Monday, 14 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I went to the first post on that blog, and all I saw was something about college students and professors.

Monday, 14 January, 2008  
Blogger contemplator said...

He just updated. Go to the one directly under that.

Tuesday, 15 January, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

goddamn, is your hair still long or did you cut it again? WOW!

Monday, 11 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats