Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Persiankiwi Missing

There have been no new tweets from Persiankiwi since June 24. :(

Given the renewed efforts at crackdown, I fear for his life. Especially considering one of his final tweets:

we must go - dont know when we can get internet - they take 1 of us, they will
torture and get names - now we must move fast -

I hope he is safe. I am also sad, because I realized that by naming him, I increased his danger. Now, I'm not exactly a news outlet. And international news picked him up and carried the story with his twitter profile, so it's not really my fault per se. In fact, he had a tweet about that:

foreign news reported us on twitter - we have too much ppl looking at us -
Ironically, given the crackdown and the relative silence from the protesters, I'm afraid that without more international attention, this brave movement is doomed. But it has to be done without calling attention to individuals.

On a more removed intellectual note, the Iranian uprising is a good example of some anarchists' philosophy on voting, which I'm thinking about doing a post on. The summer is a good time for that. Incidentally (not like I don't have enough to do), I'm working with another anarchist to hopefully start putting out pamphlets, good ol' Thomas Paine style. :D

So my What Did You Do This Summer essay would read: I wrote flash and edited an uprising.

Story of my life, really.

-- DV

2 Comments:

Anonymous Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

@IdunsDaughter (Denmark)put this out yesterday, "Its pretty much confirmed that persiankiwi is safe and will tweet again soon he is NOT arrested alhamdulilah"

I'm hopeful, at the present, that he/she is just in deep hiding for the moment.

Wednesday, 01 July, 2009  
Blogger contemplator said...

That's a relief!

I'll have to start following someone else -- I miss the updates and the grassroots reporting.

Wednesday, 01 July, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats